SAFE, NERT and the NEN Launch the Neighborfest Block Party Campaign
Connected communities are safer communities and there is no better way to meet your neighbors and build strong relationships than with a good old fashion block party. This year SAFE is honored to partner with NERT and the rest of the Neighborhood Empowerment Network to launch the Neighborfest Block Party Program here in San Francisco.
The goal of this program is to;
- Increase the number of block parties that occur in our communities
- Provide block party hosts with a fun & easy to follow process that will help them throw the world’s best block party
This is the pilot launch of this program and only SAFE neighborhood watch teams are eligible to participate. Benefits include;
- Waiving of the $167.00 ISCOTT Application fee
- Free Neighborfest Hosting Workshop
- Advice and support from the SAFE / NERT / NEN staff on how to throw a safe and fun and event
To participate you must meet the following requirements;
- Be a member of an active SAFE Neighborhood Watch Program – If you aren’t sure of your status – contact SAFE at the number below
- Follow the step by step process outlined in the toolkit for building your team, assigning roles and implementing your block party plan
- Allow representatives from agencies such as the SF Fire Department’s Neighborhood Emergency Response Team, SAFE, The Department of Emergency Management and the SF PUC to table at your event and help raise awareness in your community about these important programs
- Attend a Neighborfest Host Training Workshop Hosted by our SFFD’s NERT Team on July 11th
- Submit completed Neighborfest and SFMTA Block Party Applications Form by July 1st, 2015.
Documents to download (NOTE – all applications must be submitted to the NEN – not the SFMTA – also the application at the end of the toolkit is outdated – please use the one below.)
Please fax completed applications to the Neighborhood Empowerment Network at 415 554 4849 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE – There is only funding for 20 block parties this year – slots will be distributed on a first come / first serve basis.
For questions regarding this program – please contact SAFE Program Manager – Irina Chatsova at 415 553 1982 or Daniel Homsey at 415 554 7114
More information, and to download the toolkit and application forms, please visit the Neighborfest home page (http://empowersf.org/neighborfest/)
The NEN Team